Your Guide to the Descanso Gardens
The Los Angeles area is so lucky to have the wild forests, refined gardens, and art exhibits of Descanso Gardens nearby. Since 1950, Descanso Gardens has been open to the public to experience the botanical garden and natural ecosystem of Los Angeles County. Take a joy ride
through the San Rafael Hills to Descanso Gardens and soak in the scenery from behind the wheel of a world-class luxury vehicle.
Travel in Comfort in a New Mercedes-Benz
Whether you’re taking a trip to the Descanso Gardens in La Cañada, or heading to work in Los Angeles, every journey is more exciting when you’re driving a Mercedes-Benz. No matter the model you choose, you’ll enjoy access to a wide range of luxury and technology features to make your commutes comfortable. Here are just a few highlighted features found in most Mercedes-Benz vehicles:
- Dual-Zone Automatic Climate Control: You and your front passenger can choose separate temperature and blower settings, ensuring you’re comfortable even on the warmest day in La Cañada.
- DYNAMIC SELECT®: DYNAMIC SELECT® is standard for almost all of the new Mercedes-Benz and Mercedes-AMG® vehicles, and allows drivers to change the performance profile of their cars on a dime — from eco-friendly to comfort-oriented to sporty.
- State-of-the-Art Infotainment System: Need directions to the Descanso Gardens? Whether your vehicle is equipped with COMAND® navigation or Mercedes-Benz User Experience (MBUX) with MB Navigation, you can send the destination from your phone to your infotainment system. You’ll have access to voice commands, 3D maps, and more, to make your journey easier.
Where to Find the Descanso Gardens
Descanso Gardens is located at 1418 Descanso Drive in La Cañada, CA, at the intersection of the 210 and the 2. It’s about a thirty minute drive from Arcadia and easily accessible in the Pasadena region. There’s lots of free parking at the gardens.
- Descanso Gardens is open daily except December 25th, from 9am to 5pm, with last entry at 4:30pm.
- Sturt Haaga Gallery is open when there’s an exhibit on view, daily from 10am to 4pm.
- General $9
- Seniors 65 and over and students with ID $6
- Children (5 to 12 years) $4
- Descanso members and children under 5 are free.
What Are the Descanso Gardens Attractions?
There’s so much to see at Descanso Gardens. Here are some highlights:
- Boddy House: The late 1930s home of garden founder E. Manchester Boddy has been transformed into an interpretive center detailing the history of the gardens.
- Sturt Haaga Gallery: More than an art gallery, the Sturt Haaga Gallery’s 10-week exhibits focus on contemporary art with an eye towards science.
- Enchanted Railroad: See a section of the garden from this 1/8th-scale train.
- Gardens: Gardens include the Rose Garden, Japanese Garden, Camellia Collection, Oak Forest, Ancient Forest, California Natives, Center Circle, Oak Woodland, and Nature’s Table.
Arrive at the Descanso Gardens in Style!
In addition to being your local guides, the team at Mercedes-Benz of Arcadia can help you find the new or pre-owned Mercedes-Benz that suits your style and preferred price range. Explore everything the La Cañada area has to offer — from the Descanso Gardens in La Cañada to the Santa Anita Canyon in Arcadia. Contact us to learn more about Mercedes-Benz features and technology and how they can brighten any drive.