How Often to Complete a Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement
At the Mercedes-Benz of Arcadia service center, our team of technicians is often asked a lot of questions about oil service, particularly how often to perform a Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement* to keep the engine in good health. When you visit us for oil service, you can expect us to do the following:
- Complete a Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement for model years 2009 and newer as a component of Mercedes-Benz Service A** or Mercedes-Benz Service B**. Service A*** is completed every 10,000 miles or 1 year (whichever occurs first). Service B*** is completed is every 20,000 miles or 2 years (whichever occurs first).
- Complete an oil change^ for model years 2008 and older (when not part of Service A/B).
- Complete Oil Filter Replacement* using genuine parts.
- Recycle the old filter.
Below, you can learn more about how synthetic vs. conventional oil compare, as well as the benefits of choosing synthetic.
Conventional vs. Synthetic Oil: Which is Best?
What makes synthetic oil unique from other types of oil? Compare to conventional oil, synthetic is more modern and refined. This means it lasts longer than conventional oil, which is typically only good for about 3,000 to 5,000 miles. Synthetic oil can last twice as long and is used in new Mercedes-Benz vehicles. Choosing an oil with a longer life gives you more time to enjoy the drives around Los Angeles, and means less time in the shop. Be sure to browse our current service specials for coupons on oil service!
Why Choose Synthetic Oil?
Again, synthetic motor oil lasts much longer than conventional oil, but the benefits of choosing synthetic go beyond that:
- Synthetic oil can handle higher temperatures than conventional oil and generally works harder, so every Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement makes a difference.
- Because it’s so refined, synthetic oil doesn’t build up as many contaminants as conventional oil over the same amount of time.
- Sports cars like the AMG® GT do well with synthetic oil because it was formulated to handle the high-octane performance and mechanical stress.
Schedule Mercedes-Benz Service in Arcadia!
Is your Mercedes-Benz due for a Synthetic Motor Oil Replacement? Schedule service with Mercedes-Benz of Arcadia and get back on Pasadena and La Cañada roads in confidence. If you have questions about our services and maintenance menu, don’t hesitate to contact our service department or visit us in Arcadia!
*Oil and filter change is the base advertised service component. Additional services as determined by your vehicle’s ASSYST Plus system, which calculates service needs based on your driving habits, time, mileage and environmental conditions, may increase service cost.
**2009 and newer Mercedes-Benz vehicles only. Price advertised for Service A/Service B includes all factory-required components. Please refer to your maintenance booklet for the complete list of factory-required services and details on the specific intervals for your vehicle’s year and model.
***Services and pricing for Service A/Service B may vary due to your driving habits, mileage, and local environmental conditions. Please refer to your maintenance booklet for additional details and general guidelines for your vehicle’s year and model.
^Oil change for MY08-older